3 Day Virtual Workshop
Microfolding and Corrugation
with Cynthia Eid
Saturday - Monday
October 10 - October 12, 2020; 10:00 am - 4:30 pm daily
Microfolding can also be called corrugation. The wavy undulations add strength to thin metal, making it possible to create large, yet light and sturdy, jewelry. This process offers endless possibilities for creativity through texturing and forming. A wide variety of techniques and textural possibilities will be demonstrated, including fanfolds and ribbon forms, smocking, confirming and pleating, fold forming, and making microfolded beads. Each demonstration is followed by work time. Process, technique, and design are emphasized in this class, rather than being project-oriented. This course is for participants with the basic skills of Jewelry 1 as well as advanced students and professionals.
- Class will meet from 10am-4:30pm for three days.
- Each student will sign into Zoom with their computer for watching demonstrations.
- Each student will also mount their phone onto a holder (tripod or neck-holder) so that the teacher can see what the student is doing, and offer help as needed.
- 10am-12:30pm will be demonstration followed by work time together, so that questions can be answered as they come up, just as we do when meeting in-person.
- 12:30pm – 2pm will be lunch and work time on-your-own.
- 2pm – 4:30pm will be another demonstration, followed by work time together.
- Each day, at 4:15, we will use the phones to see what each person has made, so that we can learn from each other.
Please Note: Student tools and supplies are not provided by MAGG, make sure to check the student tools and supplies list linked below. Note, if you do not have a microfold break and do not want to invest in one, Cynthia has a limited number she is willing to rent for the fee of shipment back and forth. MAGG will offer open studio time for up to 6 local students upon request, please email the artist assistant if you are interested for details.
Visit Cynthia Eid's website at https://www.cynthiaeid.com/
Questions, contact Artist Assistant
Alan Bremer firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK for Participant Tools and Supplies List
Member Fee: $350.00
Non-member Fee: $375.00
In the comfort of your home studio
Open Studio @ MAGG Studio, 5353 Buford Highway NE, Doraville, GA 30340
Not a current MAGG member? Join today Membership is $50 annually.
Register for the workshop with the participation fee payable in advance via the MAGG website at www.metalartsguildga.org
If your payment is accepted, you are registered for the workshop. If the workshop is sold out and you want to be added to the wait list, email email@example.com.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
If you need to cancel your registration, please notify the workshop contact as soon as possible. A cancellation fee of 20% of the workshop tuition will be charged on cancellations received more than 28 days before the start of the workshop. Cancellations received less than 28 days but more than 7 days before the workshop will receive a 50% refund; cancellations received 7 days or less before the start of the workshop will receive no refund. If your seat in the workshop can be filled, only the cancellation fee (20%) will apply.